Going to the movie theater is an activity that millions of Americans enjoy each year.
But what if you could have that same enjoyment of the theater in the comfort of your home? With home theaters, you can turn dreams into reality, whether you have someone install everything or you set the whole thing up yourself.
Going to the theater is a blast, but there are plenty of benefits of home theaters you can enjoy without the hassle of your local cinema:
- Hassle free: Home theaters can offer the same enjoyment of watching a movie on the big screen without all the hassles of things moviegoers hate. That means you don’t have to find a parking space, you don’t have to sit in an uncomfortable seat, you don’t have to buy tickets and you don’t have to pay an arm and a leg for concessions.
With home theaters, you can set them up however you like, eat whatever you like and pick the comfiest chair possible.
- Variety: While you might not be able to see the latest big-screen releases in a home theater, these days there’s plenty of variety. Don’t feel like popping in a DVD? You have endless watching options with streaming services like Netflix and Hulu. As an added bonus, you never have to worry about watching endless amounts of commercials or a movie you don’t like; if you get bored with one show or movie, you can easily and quickly find another.
- Great sound: Installing surround sound or whole home audio in your home theater can let you hear your favorite movies in entirely new ways. Having great sound and great acoustics is an important part of any movie experience and with home theaters, you can lay it out or have a company design in a way that works best for you. No more will you have to worry about visiting the local cinema with it’s out-of-date screens and sound systems. You can have the latest and greatest in the comfort of your home.
- Fun with technology: When it comes to technology related to entertainment and home automation, the possibilities are endless. Smart home controls, streaming and other technological advances have turned the average home into a playground for technology lovers, who love to transform empty rooms and spaces into high-end spaces.
- Gaming: While home theaters are great for watching movies, home theaters can be great for video game enthusiasts too. With a huge screen, improved sound and front row seats, gamers can enjoy favorites like Call of Duty, Fortnite, Guitar Hero and Halo for a gaming experience like they’ve never had before.
- Sports: Sometimes, there’s nothing like the adrenaline rush from watching a sporting event live. But if you’re not a fan of crowds and noise in a stadium, home theaters give you a front row seat to all your favorite sporting events. With 4K technology, you can see your favorite teams and athletes up close and you get to do it on a big screen in a comfy recliner.
As of July 2016, more than 40% of American homes owned a home theater with surround sound and more than 50% of people have indicated that they prefer to watch movies at home. Whatever your viewing pleasure is, home theaters are a great investment. You can avoid the hassle of crowds at theaters and sporting events, watch movies and sports on big screens with great sound and do everything from the comfort of home.